Reading Supports for Budding Student Scientists
Help students flourish with new writing and reading supports available on the Activate Learning Digital Platform.
Do any of these challenges sound familiar?
- Students struggle with reading comprehension with their science text.
- Students have trouble getting started writing in their science notebooks.
- Students need the text translated into their native language, but you don’t have access to the materials to support them.
At Activate Learning, we strive to support all learners. So we are proud to announce enhanced writing and reading supports for students, built right into the Activate Learning Digital Platform.
No additional plug-ins necessary!
- Recorded audio for readings.
- Automatic text-to-speech tool with highlighting.
- Dictionary tool with read-aloud definitions in English.
- Extensive language translation for over 130 languages.
- Text-to-speech will recognize foreign languages and read them with a native voice.
- Over 30 languages are supported with text-to-speech, including Arabic, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Hindi, Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Writing & Modeling Supports
- Sentence starters for documenting observations in their digital notebook.
- Flexible drawing tools to create models to explain their understanding.
- Stamp images specific to the activity help students develop models.
- Font sizing and high-contrast settings
- Students are able to highlight and annotate text, which supports deeper understanding and sets a purpose for reading.
We’ve developed these tools on the Activate Learning Digital Platform to support student learning and help educators meet the needs of all students.
These features are available for all Activate Learning programs, including Activate Learning PRIME, IQWST, OpenSciEd, and the Active High School Science Series.
Check out the video tour of the OpenSciEd program on the Activate Learning Digital Platform to see for yourself!
Ready to learn more? Contact us today to schedule a demo.