The First Interactive Digital Edition of OpenSciEd
With the Activate Learning Digital Platform (ALDP) students will benefit from an interactive, engaging online experience when using the OpenSciEd curriculum. Students can record their observations and reasoning, and receive feedback from teachers. Students benefit from modeling supports like drawing tools and stamps, as well as writing supports with sentence starters and reading supports through recorded audio, highlighting, and annotations. Featuring an all-new user experience, teachers have everything they need to Plan, Teach, Assign, and Assess lessons in a platform that is integrated with leading Learning Management Systems.
ALDP Provides Access for Teachers:
- Plan standards-based instruction
- Teach lessons that effectively differentiate for ALL students
- Assign and monitor student work
- Assess student progress
- Prepared for every lesson with teacher tools and resources
- Equipped to make thoughtful lesson assignments
- Able to easily and efficiently review and provide feedback on student work
- Able to create and share assessments
ALDP Provides Access for Students:
- Apply their learning authentically
- Engage like scientists by recording their learning
- Receive and respond to teacher feedback in real-time
- Monitor their progress
- Able to represent their ideas as models, and annotate and highlight text
- Equipped to respond to questions using sentence starters and read-aloud feature
- Able to review and revise when requested by the teacher
- Provided the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding through assessment
Activate Learning Digital Platform Unit Release Schedule
6.1 Light & Matter: Why do we sometimes see different things when looking at the same object?
6.2 Thermal Energy: How can containers keep stuff from warming up or cooling down?
6.3 Weather, Climate & Water Cycling: Why does a lot of hail, rain, or snowfall at some times and not others?
6.4 Rock Cycling & Plate Tectonics: How and why does Earth's surface change?
6.5 Natural Hazards: Where do natural hazards happen and how do we prepere for them?
6.6 Cells & Systems: How do living things heal?
7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter: How can we make something new that was not there before?
7.2 Chemical Reactions & Energy: How can we use chemical reactions to design a solution to a problem?
7.3 Metabolic Reactions: How do things inside our bodies work together to make us feel the way we do?
7.4 Matter Cycling & Photosynthesis: Where does food come from and where does it go next?
7.5 Ecosystem Dynamics: How does changing an ecosystem affect what lives there?
7.6 Resources & Human Impact: How do changes in the Earth's system impact our communities and what can we do about it?
8.1 Contact Forces: Why do things sometimes get damaged when they hit each other?
8.2 Sound Waves: How can a sound make something move?
8.3 Forces at a Distance: How can a magnet move another object without touching it
8.4 Earth in Space: Why do we see patterns in the sky, and what else is out there that we can't see?
8.5 Genetics: Why are living things different from one another?
8.6 Selection and Common Ancestry: How could living things today be connected to the things that lived long ago?
Activate Learning offers full-color print teacher and student editions.
OpenSciEd Science Kits
All the materials & equipment needed for investigations are provided for teacher convenience. Materials are an essential element to investigation-centered learning and we have science kits to support every OpenSciEd unit for middle school. For information and options to procure Science Kits, please complete the Product Request Form below or call 646-502-5231.
Designed to help teachers easily find everything in their shipment! Getting to the Kit Companion is simple - just scan the QR code on a box label using the camera app on your smartphone. Teacher users will be taken straight to the kit companion interface for materials.
- Let teachers know everything that’s included in each box of a kit.
- Provide easy access to SDS sheets, teacher and student assembly videos, and other helpful documents.
- Allow teachers the opportunity to drill down into lesson bags to see lesson-specific materials.
The Kit Companion is a unique, one-stop-shop for understanding your K-8 Activate Learning and OpenSciEd science kits.
Activate Learning Partners with OpenSciEd
“OpenSciEd is pleased to partner with a leading STEM publisher like Activate Learning” said James Ryan, Executive Director of OpenSciEd. “Activate’s experience in digital and materials fulfillment will provide students and teachers with an excellent learning experience.”
“Activate Learning is excited to partner with OpenSciEd,” says Eric Johnson, CEO of Activate Learning. “Our interactive digital edition provides students and teachers with exactly what they need to succeed with OpenSciEd. When combined with our successful history of science kit fulfillment, we believe districts can be confident in adopting OpenSciEd when backed by a leading STEM publisher like Activate Learning.”
Complete the form at the link below and your Activate Learning representative will contact you. Or you may call 646-502-5231 for more information.