Activate Learning K-8 Science is Your Solution For
Classroom. Hybrid. Remote.
We have combined two unique programs into one K-8 Science Solution. Learn how Activate Learning PRIME (PK-5) and IQWST (6-8) complement each other and deliver a complete K-8 Science Program. Students investigate and experience phenomena and tackle complex problems while articulating their thinking, regardless of the learning environment.
Phenomenon-Driven, 3-D Learning
Aligns to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- The flexibility to meet all State Standards
- Literacy Focus: Reading, Writing, Talking, and DOING science
- Engages Students in “DOING Science” to Foster Authentic Learning
- Research-Based and Field-Tested by Teachers
- Extraordinary preparation and organization tools that walk teachers through everything needed to set up, teach, understand, and assess students’ work
- Integrated background information and topic overviews and videos of authors and trainers setting up explorations and explaining what to expect
- Online Teacher Support and Webinars
- Lesson Modeling
- Educational Resource Specialists
Instructional Design with Teachers in Mind
- Teacher Edition: lesson plans, discussion questions, differentiation strategies, and background information
- Interactive Digital Edition for Teachers & Students (Classroom & Remote)
- Embedded Content and Pedagogical Support
- Interactive Student Notebook
- Comprehensive Digital Assessment System to Drive Student Learning
- Age-Appropriate Transition using the Driving Question Board
Scope & Sequence
Activate Learning PRIME (K-5)
A product of UChicago STEM Education, Activate Learning PRIME® is the product of a rigorous iterative development process by an author team comprised of both content and classroom specialists and is designed to be educative for elementary school teachers, as well as for students. The program engages children in learning science by doing science, with a focus on developing discourse and critical thinking skills alongside disciplinary content knowledge and science and engineering practices to help students make sense of engaging hands-on explorations.
IQWST® (Investigating and Questioning our World through Science and Technology), which transforms adolescents into scientists, was developed over a decade by science education, literacy, and learning science specialists supported by funding from the National Science Foundation. Students investigate questions relevant to their lives by conducting investigations; collecting and analyzing data; developing and using models to explain phenomena, and engaging in argument from evidence, all in a literacy and discourse-rich environment.