IQWST® Grades 6-8
Phenomenon-Driven, 3-Dimensional Learning
- Research-based and Supported by National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Aligns with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) with the flexibility to meet ALL state standards
- Literacy Focus: reading, writing, talking, and doing science
- Crosscutting Concepts with Scientific Practices
- Student-Driven Learning
Integrated Design, Phenomena-Driven
- Addresses the newest science standards in 12 modules, four per grade level for Grades 6-8
- Each module integrates at least two disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Life Science, Earth Science, and/or Engineering Design
- IQWST engages students in three-dimensional learning as they
- experience, investigate, model, and explain interesting phenomena
- learn core ideas
- engage with concepts that cross disciplinary boundaries
Our Programs Support Distance Learning
All programs are available in digital and print. In 2020, we launched the Activate Learning Everywhere initiative with flexible options to deliver our programs in remote environments. Our Interactive Digital Editions integrate with several LMS systems, including Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, Clever, and Classlink. This integration helps teachers as they adapt to the challenges of remote and hybrid teaching. LMS integration includes grade passback.
Click the link here to view the integration video for Google Classroom, Canvas or Schoology.
New Features For 2021 Adoptions
Our New Digital Platform User Experience
In Fall 2021, we're launching our brand-new user interface to give teachers an even better experience with our programs. Activate learning digital programs will be much more intuitive utilizing our new workflow:
Plan - Teach - Assign - Assess
Stay tuned for the upcoming release date!
For adoptions in 2021, schools will be able to use PocketLab sensors with IQWST lessons to gather evidence to support their claims.
A PocketLab sensor will:
- Allow students to create and execute their own investigations
- Allow students to record and analyze data in real-time
- Enable an overlay of data and video automatically
Teacher Support Team
All of our programs are supported by experienced support and implementation staff for a successful launch, ongoing support, coaching, and iterative training based on your district's needs.
Thank you for your time
Thank you, Everett Public School educators, for using your time to review our IQWST middle school science program. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
- Kristina Mitchell, Regional Manager